Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Avocado Dressing

 Credit for this lovely dressing goes to my friend Sharon Giffin. :-)

I have to admit... When I saw Sharon's contribution to The Week of Dressings I was instantly intrigued. Avocado and salsa are, of course, a wonderful combination, but using that combo in a salad dressing was a new one for me. Long story short... Sharon's recipe will delight any foodie who enjoys a good culinary twist! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 3-4 oz medium heat salsa - regular or verde, your choice
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • a "good dollop" of Greek yogurt.... ;-) just wing it :-)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • water for thinning if needed
Preparation:

Combine the avocado, salsa and yogurt in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Add water if needed to make the mix pourable.

Season with salt & pepper to taste... Done!

Sharon likes this one best over a fajita style chicken salad, but don't be shy... try it on other salads as well! :-)

Blessed be... and happy cooking!