Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Soy Sauce Salmon

 Adapted from a recipe found on Cooking-Therapy.com

I had been toying with the idea of a dish combining soy sauce and salmon for some time... The original recipe's sauce really appealed to me but needed some diabetic tweaking. The end result is quite possibly the best salmon I have ever cooked. Combined with my own concoction of a bean sprout stir fry this dish turned out to be a top notch addition to my recipe collection. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 12 oz salmon cut into 2 inch squares
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup avocado oil (or pure vegetable oil in a pinch)
Sauce:

  • 1/3 cup white onion - minced
  • 2 - 3 cloves garlic - minced
  • 2 tsp agave syrup
  • 4 tsp soy sauce
  • 4 tsp lemon juice

Preparation:

Season the salmon with salt and pepper.

Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bow so it’s ready to go .

Heat 1/4 cup oil over high heat in a skillet sized to fit the fish.

Add the salmon and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Remove salmon from the heat and set aside - covered

Add sauce mix to the pan and cook sauce for 1-2 minutes to reduce. 

When your reduction turns just slightly creamy, return the salmon to the pan and coat with sauce. 

Cover and let sit for a minute so fish heats through.

Serve with my Bean Sprout Stir Fry for a really lovely foodie experience. 

 Blessed be... and happy cooking!