Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Bean Sprout Stir Fry

I must have looked over 50 or so recipes for bean sprout stir fry on the Net. In the end I decided to create my very own, making sure the composition was going to satisfy my need for diabetic friendly ingredients and provide great flavor as well. Serve this as a side to my Soy Sauce Salmon and you're in for a culinary delight with many flavor levels. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 12 oz mung bean sprouts
  • 2 stalks green onion (scallion)
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper - minced
  • 3 tbsp avocado oil
  • 1 tbsp chopped garlic
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp agave syrup
  • 2-3 grinds from black pepper mill
Preparation:

Place bean sprouts in a colander and rinse/drain well. 

Chop the garlic, mince the red pepper and cut the scallions two ways. The white stem should bet cut to small disks, and the green tops can be cut at an angle so the look pretty.

Mix together sesame oil, light soy sauce, agave, salt & pepper and set aside.

Heat the oil in a wok, or as I like to use, a large non-stick Dutch oven. Saute the garlic and white from scallions over medium/low heat until fragrant. Do not let these items brown.

Next add the sprouts and red pepper. Turn to medium high and toss/cook for about a minute. Finally add the sauce and the green scallion cuts. Toss to heat through  and enjoy!

Blessed be... and happy cooking!