Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Versatile Shredded Chicken Breast

I was eating too much canned tuna for lunch, apparently, so I decided to make a batch of shredded chicken breast to use for lunches and soups. Seasoning is the same as for my Homemade Chicken Cold Cuts, but the shred allows for more versatility. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1tbsp each salted butter (melted) and olive oil
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika

Preparation:

Add chicken to a clean bowl and coat all sides with butter/oil mix. Combine kosher salt, pepper, garlic, onion and paprika and rub chicken on all sides with the mix until all pieces show a uniform color.

Heat oven or air fryer to 450 and place chicken in your tray of choice. I use my air fryer basket on the bake setting, but any toaster oven or full size oven will work equally well. Bake at 450 for at least 15 minutes, at which point test with instant read thermometer for 165 F. Add a few extra minutes if under.

Once you're sure all pieces are cooked, remove from heat and tent loosely with foil for 10-15 minutes. Cut up the chicken once it's cooled and shred by hand. I find weighing out 4oz servings for any lunch type salad is sufficient. Store the rest for up to 3 days in the fridge.

Use the shredded chicken as you see fit. I like to use for Weeknight Chicken Soup or a nice Healthy Lunch for One.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!