Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Healthy Chicken Lunch for One

A while ago I shared my recipe for Versatile Shredded Chicken. Today's lunch puts that chicken to use and has become a real favorite of mine. The possibilities are pretty much endless, and the dish is packed with protein, antioxidants and near zero carbs in the version you see here. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 4 oz shredded chicken - weighed outright in your bowl
  • 1/2 tomato - diced
  • 1/3 - 1/4 yellow onion - chopped - other varieties work well, too
  • 3" piece cucumber - quartered and sliced
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 scallion - cut up for garnish or mixed in - optional

Preparation:

I just use one of my soup bowls for prep and eating so there's one less thing to wash. :-)

Measure out the chicken right in your bowl. Add mayo, oil, salt & pepper and mix.

Fold in onion, tomato, cucumber and cut up scallion. Add an evoo drizzle just before serving if desired.  Done! :-)

Blessed be... and happy cooking!