Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Lemon Cream Cheese Halibut

I deviated from my normal fish coatings just a tad and decided to try using cream cheese instead of my usual mayo or yogurt as a base. It turned out to be a really nice flavor that beckons for dinner on the deck watching a beautiful sunset. I paired the halibut with some Brussels Sprouts Almondine. It was a well matched side, and you can find that recipe by clicking here.

Ingredients:
  • 2 6oz halibut filets
  • 1 1/2 cups plain Panko
  • 3 tbsp cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • olive oil cooking spray
Preparation:
Mix cream cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt & pepper
in a dredging dish. I find a dinner fork works well for this.
Coat filets with the mix, press into Panko and then place in foil lined, sprayed baking tray.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
Serve with a green vegetable of your choice or use the aforementioned Brussels sprouts.
Blessed be... and happy cooking!