Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Chef Michael's "The Good Stuff" Seasoning

 I can see you're already smirking... So am I... LOL

A while back I was making homemade chicken cold cuts using baked chicken breast. The spice blend turned out to be so good I decided it should be a thing. :-) Thinking back on all the proteins I've used it on I realized I was referring to it as The Good Stuff. I'm not changing it... It makes me smile. :-)

I make it by the jar now because of rather frequent use, so the recipe that follows will be in parts/proportions instead of finite measurements. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 2 parts kosher salt
  • 1 part freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 part garlic powder
  • 1 part onion powder
  • 1 part smoked paprika
Preparation:

Decide on quantity and choose an appropriate bowl. Add all ingredients and blend well using a small whisk or fork.
Use sparingly as the blend does have a mild heat level. It works well on chicken, pork and just about any kind of fish. 

Blessed be... and happy cooking!