Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Maple/Dijon Cod & Green Beans Almondine

Sometimes things just work out for the best... I had to get creative because I found a recipe I really wanted to try but a winter storm prevented me from getting called-for ingredients. All I can say after tasting the outcome using different protein and vegetable is... 

Thank you, Blessed Mother... for that wonderful storm! :-)

Ingredients:

Fish:

  • 2  6oz cod filets - thawed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp real maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp Coastal Blend – I get mine from The Spice & Tea Exchange
  • 1 clove garlic - minced very fine

Vegetables:

  • 12 oz fresh green beans
  • 1 med yellow onion - cut up - I like full length strips to mimic the beans
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
  • 1/8 – 1/4 tsp black pepper

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400F.
Toss vegetables and seasoning in large bowl, spread evenly on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.

During that time, rinse the filets and pat dry. Mix the ingredients for the cod coating and cover fish on all sides.

Remove veggies from oven, toss and spread to sides of the pan. 

Add fish to middle of pan and return to oven for 9-11 min depending on thickness of filets.
Serve with a green salad and consider my Dijon Chive Vinaigrette as a dressing.

Blessed be… and happy cooking!