Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Another Meat & Eggplant Combo

When venison was still the main protein in our family's diet, I was always experimenting with new combinations because it pairs beautifully with eggplant. One day I was thinking of grilling eggplant slices and then topping them with a very meaty Bolognese. Unfortunately, the propane tank was empty... UGGH! Sooo..... what to do?

Oh yes.... let's splurge with some thick slices of eggplant breaded and fried in a bit of avocado oil!!! Over time it turned out that the dish works very well with beef or chicken, too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 or 2 fat eggplant
  • Wondra flour
  • eggs
  • flavored breadcrumbs
  • avocado or vegetable oil
  • venison, beef or chicken Bolognese
Preparation:
To see how I make my Bolognese please take a look at this older post for Venison Bolognese and Zucchini Ribbons or stop by my Chicken Bolognese & Cubed Eggplant.

As for the eggplant, peel and cut into thick slices, about 3/8 - 1/2".  Coat in Wondra flour, then dip in egg and your favorite flavored breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown. Set on paper towel to soak up excess oil - you want them nice and crispy to add an extra level to the party in your mouth ;-) Top with Bolognese just before serving to retain most of the crunch.... and enjoy!

Shown here with the Chicken Bolognese.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!