Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Maple/Dijon Baked Salmon & Zucchini

Exploring new flavor combinations is always fun. I sometimes like to combine sweet and savory into one coating and try said coating with various proteins. I originally played with the syrup and mustard to elevate some chicken tenders, and although that did work well, a chance tasting with some leftover salmon gave the coating a permanent home with the fish.

And so.... a new recipe was born. Zucchini was added because I adore that vegetable and I simply smiled as I envisioned the finished sheet pan meal.

Ingredients:

Salmon:

  • 2  6oz Alaskan salmon filets - thawed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp real maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp favorite salmon rub
  •  1 clove garlic - minced very fine
Vegetables:
  • 2 medium zucchini - cut to bite size pieces
  • 1 med yellow onion - cut as you like
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400F.
Toss vegetables and seasoning in large bowl, spread evenly on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
During that time, rinse the filets and pat dry.
Mix the ingredients for the salmon coating and cover fish on all sides.
Remove veggies from oven, toss and spread to sides of the pan. Add fish to middle of pan and return to oven for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness of filets.
Serve with a green salad and consider my Dijon Chive Vinaigrette as a dressing.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!