Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Healthy Tuna Lunch for One

This lunch has become such a favorite of mine... so much so that I sometimes eat it several times a week! The possibilities are pretty much endless, and the dish is packed with protein, antioxidants and zero carbs in the version you see here. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

  • 1  5 oz can solid white Albacore tuna in water - drained
  • 1/2 tomato - diced
  • 1/4 yellow onion - other varieties work well, too
  • 3" piece cucumber - quartered and sliced
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 scallion - cut up for garnish or mixed in 
Preparation:

I just use one of my soup bowls for prep and eating so there's one less thing to wash. :-)

Break up the tuna with a fork and add mayo, oil, salt & pepper and mix.

Fold in onion, tomato, cucumber and cut up scallion. Add more olive oil if so desired.  Done! :-)

Blessed be... and happy cooking!