Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Friday, January 12, 2024

Healthy Hardy Breakfast

I like a good, hardy breakfast. I am of the belief that eggs are a superfood, so if I'm not having dinner leftovers for breakfast, I most often turn to eggs. I always try to make my egg dishes filling enough so that no toast is needed. To that end, I give you this hardy, tasty, healthy blend that will easily carry you through the morning. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 2 lge eggs - scrambled
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1-2 tbsp minced onion - red, yellow, white... get creative
  • 3-5 baby portobello mushrooms - sliced or chopped to your liking
  • 2 tbsp shredded sharp cheddar or your own favorite 
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 2-4 tbsp homemade chutney 
Preparation:

Scramble the eggs in a small bowl and season to taste.

Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and saute onions for a couple minutes. Add mushrooms and saute with an occasional stir until almost done. Add the eggs and cover skillet.

Watch for eggs to be almost done, add cheese and cover again until cheese is melted. Plate and add the Tomato/Pepper/Basil Chutney.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!