Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Friday, May 10, 2024

Chef Michael R's Tomato & Olive Topping - Signature Collection

I've seen many dishes feature some combination of tomatoes & olives and have even shared a few from other folks. Finally I decided to create my own blend, and let me tell you... this topping is OMG good! My first use was over a simple baked salmon, which proved to be absolutely delicious, but seriously... I think this topping will also pair well with a white fish or even chicken breast. :-) Enjoy!


Ingredients:

  • 1 medium tomato - chopped
  • 1/2 yellow onion - minced
  • 8-10 black olives - minced or cut into eighths... ;-)
  • 1 clove garlic - smash minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste
Preparation:
Heat a skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot add the garlic and onions. Saute until the onion is translucent.
Next add the tomatoes and saute until they just start to fall apart.
Finally fold in the olives and gently toss the mix until heated through.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Serve over a simple baked salmon as shown here or get creative with a protein of your choosing.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!