Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Chicken Paddies with Cabbage & Beans

While playing with flavor combinations in my head over morning coffee I came up with another white meat chicken dish that works well with cooked cabbage and cannellini beans. 

Use my seasonings as a guideline and get creative to make this dish your own. I started pretty plain with a modified version of my chicken meatballs, but after sampling the finished dish I realized that OMG this one is a great jumping off point for many many flavor varieties.

Mild, spicy, earthy, tangy... Seriously... have fun with this one!

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs ground chicken breast
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
  • 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2-3/4 cup flavored bread crumbs
  • 4-5 tbsp avocado oil
  • 1 medium head green cabbage - shredded 
  • 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans - drained
Preparation:
In a large mixing bowl beat the two eggs and mix in parsley, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add meat and mix thoroughly. Finally, add 1/2 cup bread crumbs and blend. Gauge the mixture for balling and add more breadcrumbs if needed. Shape the mix into small paddies. Fry paddies until they are a light golden brown over medium heat. Do not char the meat. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
Saute shredded cabbage in a large Dutch oven or skillet until soft, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. When cabbage is cooked, gently fold in the beans and the chicken.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!