Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Steamed Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce

Here's a simple one that has endless possibilities in the pairing arena. I decided on some of my leftover White Bean Salad and fresh string beans. The salad is already citrus based and the green beans work really well with a drizzle of lemon butter. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Fish:

  • 2  6-ounce cod filets
  • 2 tsp Garlic Lover’s Blend pulverized (toasted garlic, salt, paprika, parsley)
  • Black pepper to taste – one twist on the grinder works for me
  • 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

 Sauce:

  • 3 tbsp butter
  • Juice & zest from ½ lemon
  • 1/4 tsp Kosher salt

Preparation:

Juice and zest the lemon to be ready.

Pat filets dry, coat with EVOO and season fish on both sides. Steam for 4 minutes.

While fish is steaming, combine butter, salt, lemon & zest and warm in small pot. Add some sauce to the fish when steaming is done. Serve rest of sauce at the table.


Blessed be... and happy cooking!