Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Monday, April 15, 2024

Chicken Tenders Lyon

I must admit I was skeptical about this chicken dish when I saw Chef Jacques Pepin include ketchup in the sauce. I trust this man, though, with his amazing ability to create wonderful flavor palettes, so I gave it a try.

Well... this gem has become a family favorite, and I have made it my own by using white meat chicken instead of the thighs Chef uses in the video. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 6 chicken tenders, trimmed if needed
  • 1 tbsp avocado oil
  • Salt & pepper
  • 5 cloves garlic - smashed and then minced
  • 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 4 tbsp water
  • 4 tbsp ketchup
  • Dash of sriracha sauce
  • 1/2 cup Muffuletta (olive salad)
  • Chives or scallions for garnish (optional)

Preparation:

Trim any ligament ends from tenders and lay them side by side on a plate. Add S & P to both sides.

Heat a frying pan with avocado oil and brown tenders on both sides. Once chicken is well browned, cover and steam rest of the way on low for 4-5 minutes.

Remove chicken from pan and place on warmed serving dish with a cover. Add garlic to the pan and sautee on medium heat 30-60 sec. Add the vinegar and reduce on high heat to remove acidity. Taste… Add water, ketchup and sriracha and stir until well blended. Stir in the Muffuletta. Once warm, pour sauce evenly over tenders, add garnish and serve.

Here is Chef Pepin's original video: Chicken Lyon

Blessed be... and happy cooking!