Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Chicken & Shrimp Stir Fry

The original version of this dish was made with beef or venison and can be found by clicking here. With white meat chicken being a much healthier alternative for me, I decided to give the substitution a try. I had never really worked with ground chicken before so this was to be a good test. Long story short, it really worked out well, and I now have a use for my grinder again as whole chicken breasts are  far cheaper.... AND I always know for sure what is in my grind.


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs ground white meat chicken
  • 1 lb large raw shrimp, cleaned and peeled (no tails)
  • light olive oil
  • 3/4 head green cabbage, shredded
  • 1/2 cup ginger teriyaki marinade (more or less)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp spicy mustard
  • Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:
In a large non-stick Dutch oven fry the chop meat in a bit of oil. When cooked, add  cabbage, marinade, soy and mustard. Simmer and toss frequently until cabbage is cooked but still crunchy. Finally add shrimp and cook another few minutes until shrimp are just cooked perfectly. Finish with salt & pepper to taste.





Blessed be... and happy cooking!