Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Monday, March 18, 2024

Asparagus Ribbon Salad

I found this little gem on the Net a few years ago, and it was such a foreign, yet intriguing
idea to me that I simply had to try it. I'm really glad I did, because it is so good that
it has pretty much become a staple in my arsenal of go-to dishes.

Ingredients:

· 1 bunch fresh asparagus
· 1/4 cup lemon juice
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
· 2-3 oz shaved parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup sliced almonds - toasted

Preparation:

Lay one asparagus stalk on cutting board, hold by the base and using a vegetable peeler make thin ribbons by "peeling" from base to tip. When half-way through, turn stalk over and do the other half. Discard the base end and center if too thick . 


Shave parmesan using an ordinary cheese grater.

Place the almonds in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Toss them frequently and do not leave unattended as you want the almonds toasted, not charred

Blend lemon juice and olive oil; pour over asparagus in bowl. Add salt & pepper, toss and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.

Arrange salad on plate. Add shaved parmesan and then top off with toasted almonds.


Blessed be... and happy cooking!