Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Salmon Strips with an Asian Flair

 On a whim I did a thing that will definitely be explored further with full size filets.

Wild Alaskan Company had a special on Salmon Strips... how could I resist? LOL

Hoisin sauce, toasted sesame seeds, powdered ginger, kosher salt toss sautéed in a bit of butter and toasted sesame oil. YUM!

Mind you this is a lunch for one (6oz) so feel free to extrapolate for more strips or filets. 

Ingredients:

  • 6 oz salmon strips (or a 6 oz filet) - Best can be found at Wild Alaskan Company
  • 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
  • 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 tsp powdered ginger
  • dash of kosher salt
  • 1 tbsp salted butter
  • 1 tsp toasted sesame oil

Preparation:

Toss fish with hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame seeds and salt.  

Heat oil and butter in a fryer over medium heat. Fry fish for 30 seconds per side at most.

Serve with what you have on hand... cubed pumpkin worked for me.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!