Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Monday, December 18, 2023

Carolyn's Asian Salad Dressing

I am the first to compliment any restaurant's chef on their work when we go out to eat. I love it when someone puts in the effort to create something special to share on their menu. What I don't understand is how often they insist that their recipe is apparently some sort of National Treasure and must be safeguarded at all cost. ;-) 

Little do they know that Carolyn and I will happily spend hours in our kitchen working to recreate the flavors, textures and overall composition and will then call this newly created from-scratch dish our own. Most of the deconstruction on this one was done by my amazing bride, so she gets full credit. Enjoy!

Here is an example of an Asian dressing originally inspired by a restaurant that is no longer in business.

Ingredients: (for two people)

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Preparation:

Blend all ingredients well with a whisk and add to your favorite lettuce blend. We love this one with a simple spring mix, but it will work with just about any blend.

I share my work freely & proudly because to me... food is love... and love is what makes the world go 'round. It's a wonderful compliment and culinary feeling when someone tells me they made my food and their family/friends loved it.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!