Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Luscious Lemon Vinaigrette

A full week of stormy weather some time ago had me stuck inside, so I spent a bit of time in the kitchen with my precious Flavor Bible experimenting with toppings, sides, salads and dressings. As with all experiments there were a few failures, but in the end I came up with a few new recipes I feel are worthy of a My "Diabetic" Food post.

To that end, here is a tangy & savory lemon vinaigrette, adapted from AllRecipes, that may very well become a new go-to for me in my culinary adventures.


Ingredients:
  • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic - smashed & minced very fine
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a measuring cup. Whisk. Done.
My first use for this dressing was on my Spinach Salad and it was really quite good. I am looking forward to experimenting more with this dressing and I hope you'll do the same. :-)
Blessed be... and happy cooking!