Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Friday, September 15, 2023

Hoisin Cod & Zucchini

Chef Jacques Pepin loves to share his food and his recipes. As wonderful as his recipes are as he prepares them, he also encourages us to take his dishes and make them our own by tweaking them to suit our pallet, budget or ingredient availability. The first time I watched him prepare a very simple Miso Cod with Zucchini I was instantly intrigued. I've made numerous Miso marinades that involved cooking before you even start with the fish, so his one minute marinade prep, along with knowing I had a nice zucchini in my fridge, instantly got me planning dinner before breakfast.

Unfortunately I had no Miso on hand, but I do keep an assortment of Asian seasonings. Hoisin Sauce replaced the Miso, and not only did my trial run work very well, but it made the dish my own. I think Chef Pepin would approve... Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 2 6oz cod filets
  • 2 tbsp hoisin sauce (approx.)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce (approx.)
  • 1 tbsp mirin (approx.)
  • 1/4 tsp sugar (approx.)
  • dash of sriracha sauce
  • 1-2 zucchini depending on size and appetite :-)
  • olive oil
  • salt to taste
Preparation:
In a shallow plate mix the hoisin, soy, mirin, sriracha and sugar. Place fish in marinade, coating all sides.
Cut the zucchini into bite size lengths and then julienne the sections. Place in foil lined baking dish (easy cleanup) and toss with some olive oil and salt. Spread the mound of zucchini to both sides of the pan and place the cod filets in the center.

Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes and serve with a salad of your choosing, preferably with an Asian dressing.


Click HERE to watch Chef Jacques Pepin prepare Miso Cod & Zucchini
Blessed be... and happy cooking!