Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Chicken Gruyere

 This dish was born in the safety of my kitchen after a day of some disturbing news.

Many folks eat when they're depressed... I cook.

Anyway... I was in the mood for some chicken and remembered I still had some of the Gruyere/Swiss Cheese blend in the fridge. My window sill scallions were in need of a trim, so I played with the flavors in my head and came up with something that instantly won our hearts and will be repeated.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb thin sliced chicken breast
  • Lemon pepper blend of your choice
  • Flour for dredging
  • 2 tbsp avocado oil
  • Scallions cut in small pieces
  • 1 cup or more Gruyere/Swiss cheese blend
Preparation:
Season chicken on both sides with lemon pepper and dredge in flour.
Heat the avocado oil and sear the chicken both sides and then steam for a couple minutes to cook through.
Push the pieces together and coat with scallions and cheese.
Lower the heat and cover pan to melt the cheese.
Serve with some barley and a vegetable of your choice.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!