Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Thursday, September 28, 2023

BBQ Lamb Chop & (OMG) Frozen Veggies

Ok foodies.... not every meal has to be a show stopper. Quite often we are pressed for time or just aren't interested in a lot of prep. Most of the time I prefer fresh veggies, but yanno... there are days when frozen ones are just going to be on the menu. Nothing to be ashamed of... as long as you treat them with respect :-)

Ingredients:
  • 2 shoulder lamb chops
  • 1 16 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
  • garlic powder
  • salt & pepper
Preparation:
Remove lamb chops from fridge one hour before cooking. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Fire up the BBQ to a medium high heat. My gas Weber on medium cooks lambchops medium rare via 3 minutes first side and 2 minutes more after the flip. Perfect every time and I never have to check. Make notes on your own grill's performance and follow your guidelines so you don't have to keep opening the lid.

Time your veggies to your grill. Perfect meat is paramount, so in my case I start the veggies while the grill is warming up. I like to cook them with just a touch of water in my Guardian Service to retain nutrients. Try to stay away from cooking veggies in a microwave... those thing mess with molecular structure of food. Be sure you don't overcook the veggies, please. Keep them nice and crisp... it adds to the food "experience"... grins.

Hey... just because this one is simple doesn't mean we can slack on quality... :-) Serve with a green salad with a homemade vinaigrette and you're set.

Blessed be... and happy cooking!