I found that the winter doldrums needed a bit more color,
so multi-colored cherry tomatoes and FRESH kale were added for bright fun!
Rest of the recipe remains same. ENJOY!!!
- 6-7 links sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lge yellow onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes in assorted colors
- 2-3 generous handfuls fresh shredded kale (not too small)
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini or small white beans
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
Boil sausage until fully cooked and set aside to cool.
Cut up onion and sautee in large dutch oven until lightly browned.
Add kale and simmer down while tossing until somewhat wilted.
Add in diced tomato and drained beans… toss until warmed through.
Cut sausage into diagonal slices and sear on both sides in frying pan.
Add to the mix and fold in until evenly hot.
Season with a bit of salt and black pepper to taste.
Finish with a dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste - Enjoy!