You know how much I love the ease of crock-potting.
Well, this one may seem really simple but it packs a whole boatload of flavor!
- 2-3 lbs skinned boneless thighs, cut up
- Couple splashes canola oil
- 1 large onion cut up, like bite-size
- 10 oz baby ports, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 bunch scallions, cut in 3/8 - 1/2" sections
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Milk for thinning if needed
In large skillet or dutch oven heat one splash of canola oil, sear chicken pieces and place in crock
Cut up onions, mushrooms and scallions and lightly saute
in same skillet with another oil splash if needed
Add Marsala and blend to a simmer
Add cream of mushroom and again bring to a simmer and blend
Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper and pour over chicken.
Cook for 4-5 hours on high.
Serve over white rice with a green veggie side.