Yeah, I know..... venison AGAIN???
Well, yes.... when you have 200 lbs of prime quality free meat it tends to dominate the menu
at times. Feel free to substitute with beef... that should come out pretty good as well.
Let's start with the finished product, because there won't be any prep pics,
as this one is way too easy to need pictorial direction ;-)
- 2 lbs ground venison or lean beef
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, cleaned and peeled (no tails)
- light oil, like a soy/olive blend
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup ginger teriyaki marinade (more or less)
- four packets each soy and hot mustard from your last Chinese takeout order
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
In a large non-stick dutch oven fry the chop meat in a bit of oil. When cooked, add shredded cabbage, marinade, soy and mustard. Simmer and toss frequently until cabbage is cooked but still crunchy. Finally add shrimp and cook another few minutes until shrimp are just cooked perfectly. Finish with salt & pepper to taste.