Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Spice & Tea Exchange of Mystic Seaport, CT

Have you ever had an experience where you've visited a new town, either on business or pleasure, and you've wandered into a shop that turned your day into an experience rather than just a shopping stroll? Well, a few years back it happened to me in this shop. Welcome to 

Yes, this shop is a franchise operation, but honestly, I only found that out after I got home and checked them out on the Net. The lovely lady who took care of us made us feel right at home with her fresh brewed sample tea, an Earl Grey Creme...
and her delightful Green Tea Treats...
We got to sample various spices and received
some recommendations that have not disappointed.
The Florida Sunshine mix has proven amazing on leftover chicken. The Baker's Secret elevates morning coffee to the aromas of Mom's kitchen during baking, and the Pirate's Bite blend.... well let's just say it has just the right amount of kick to clear your sinuses.

We got some white peppercorns so I could try my hand at the mignonette this past week and also grabbed some Pink Pepperberry... just because I'm curious.
Naturally we couldn't stop at peppercorns...

And with the myriad of teas a small selection did need to come home with us...


All in all, it was quite the haul LOL
So if you're ever in Mystic Seaport, CT, do check them out...
I promise you'll walk away smiling :-)

Have a great week, everyone, and thank you for your support!

Blessed be… and happy cooking!

                                                            Chef Michael R