Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist or professional chef. I do not provide nutritional breakdowns or carb counts with my recipes. Google is a great source for that if needed. Blessed be... and happy cooking!

Monday, October 9, 2023

Ceci Chorizo

Back around 2015 I was introduced to a restaurant version of this appetizer that just blew me away. We actually ordered a second portion to dissect and did our best to identify all the components as the chef refused to share the recipe. Yes... some chefs are like that. LOL Anyway.... after several trial runs I finally nailed it and I'm happy to share the results with you. Enjoy!!!
Chickpeas, with their glycemic index in the mid 30s, are a good choice for any diabetic meal. Here I have combined them with chorizo and fresh tomatoes to create a tasty appetizer or simple lunch. 
Ingredients:
  • 1 - chorizo sausage
  • 1 - 15oz can chickpeas (ceci)
  • 2 plum tomatoes (diced)
  • fresh parsley (chopped)
  • Marsala (a splash)
  • salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Preparation:
Remove sausage meat from casing and crumble into fry pan on medium heat. 
When meat is cooked, add chickpeas, wine and
parsley and saute for about five minutes.
Fold in tomatoes and simmer for 5 more minutes,
stirring occasionally. Add S&P to taste with the tomatoes.
Garnish with fresh parsley for that OMG-this-is-real-purrrrrdy effect ;-)

Blessed be... and happy cooking!