You know it's not always about the main course. Sometimes a side dish
can really pull things together.... like this very earthy rice favorite.
Yes.... this has whole grain rice, a complex carb,
so be sure to serve a SENSIBLE portion as a side :-)
· Whole Grain Wild Rice - pick your favorite
· Olive Oil
· Baby Portobello Mushrooms - chopped
· Fresh Italian Parsley - whole leaves, no stems
· Garlic Powder
· Locatelli Romano Grated Cheese
· Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Cook rice according to directions... You can use leftovers, too, here. In a non-stick pan, fry the rice and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil... Just enough for frying... don't drown the rice. Add garlic powder and parsley and toss over low flame. Fold in grated cheese until melted. Serve with fresh ground black pepper.