Welcome to a brand new week and a dish made in heaven!!!
The flavors are just wild and make you forget
all about those crappy starches :-)
I'm not kidding, either.....
· 1 lb large cleaned shrimp (raw,tails removed)
· 2 lbs fresh broccoli (main stems get tossed)
· 4 tbsp Olive oil
· 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
· 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tsp black pepper
· 1/8 tsp chili powder
· zest from one lemon or 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat the oven to 425.
2. In a large baking dish, toss together the broccoli cut up into florets (but not teensy tiny florets, I like a little stem attached), 2 tbsp olive oil, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/8th tsp hot chili powder (use more if you like it hot). Spread into a single layer and pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toss together the shrimp with 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon zest from one lemon (or juice to taste), 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a bowl. When the broccoli’s been in the oven 10 minutes, add the shrimp to the broccoli and toss carefully.
3. Roast another 10 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until the shrimp is cooked the broccoli is tender and golden around the edges.
Serve with a yogurt/lemon based cucumber salad to balance the heat.
(Hmmm... maybe I'll make that this week)