· 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed and cut into 2-3" chunks
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 tsp ground cumin
· 1/2 tsp ground coriander
· 1/4 tsp black pepper
· 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
· Non-stick cooking spray
· 1 1/4 cups dry brown lentils, rinsed and drained
· 1 Spanish or regular yellow onion, cut into thin wedges
· approx. 30 oz regular chicken broth
· 1 cup water
· 1-2 yellow summer squash (zucchini), quartered lengthwise and cut into 3/4" thick pieces
· 1/2 cup snipped dried apricots or golden raisins
· 1-2 sliced scallions
1. In a large bowl combine garlic, cumin, coriander, pepper and cinnamon. Add chicken and toss to coat all pieces. Lightly coat an unheated extra large skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until browned, turning meat to brown all sides.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 7-8 hours or on high-heat setting 3.5-4 hours.
4. If using low heat, turn to high 30 minutes before serving and add squash and apricots to the crock pot. Cover and cook until squash is just tender. Sprinkle each serving with scallions.
The sites below host some great parties...
See for yourself!